Accessibility on the sysnews.ma.ic.ac.uk site
- This statement applies solely to content published on sysnews.ma.ic.ac.uk. It does not apply to content on any external website that may be linked to from this site.
- For other web resources you should refer to the accessibility statement(s) for that site.
- We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
- For example, that means you should be able to:
- Access a largely plain-text oriented website that is usable with most browsers and devices
- Skip to main content links
- Text resizing
- Colour contrasts
How accessible the website is
- Parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- some pages contain basic HTML syntax errors
- some heading elements are not consistent
- some images do not have good alternative text
What we do about known issues
- We work to achieve and maintain WCAG 2.1 AA standards, but it is not always possible for all our content to be accessible. Where content is not accessible, we will state a reason, warn users and offer alternatives.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
- Maths Research IT Support is committed to making its website accessible in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
- This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the known issues listed below.
- The content that is not accessible, where it fails the success criteria, will be made accessible within 3 calendar months of the date on which this statement is published.
- Some documents and content are exempt from the regulations (such as live video content and PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services), so we do not currently have any plans to make them accessible.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Colour contrast issues
- Content in inaccessible documents such as old PDFs
- Content is not optimised to display on different screen sizes or orientation
- This issues fail a WCAG 2.1 success criterion. We plan to fix this within 3 calendar months of the date on which this statement is published.
- Not applicable.
Reporting accessibility issues
- If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille or if you find any accessibility issues not listed on this page then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org We will consider your request and get back to you within 48 hours.
- The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
How we test this website
- This website was last tested for accessibility compliance on May 12th 2021 and these tests have been carried out internally.
- We used the Accessibility Insights for Web extension for Chrome
when deciding on a sample of pages to test.
This statement was prepared on May 14th, 2021. It was
last updated on May 14th, 2021..